Silk and Spices Forum

Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent  (Read 375 times)

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« on: January 08, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »

Amal's camp is in high alert. The attack earlier by elven bowmen along with the uproar over Glorion and the disappearance of Amal's strongest warriors has sent the remaining troops into a frenzy of preparedness. The remaining drow knights and at least one of the two Githyanki Knights are constantly moving around the encampment.

In the center of the encampment is Amal, she sits in a chair in front of a fire under a large canopy. She is surrounded by drow, all speaking quietly about different subjects. She seems to be working on something in her hands, almost as if she is carving something, although there is no knife or cutting object in her hand.


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »

Key stops at the edge of Amal’s camp patiently waiting for an invitation. She stands tall, her hands behind her back. She has a smile on her lips that doesn’t quite reach her eyes, her body in complete readiness to move in whatever way is warrented in the coming moments.
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »

Amal looks up from her entourage and purses her lips for a moment. She nods and makes a hand motion to Key to come in. A Githyanki Knight that is standing behind her and to her left shifts in his position, ensuring his blade can be drawn freely.

As Key walks towards Amal, she smiles and in a heavy drow accent, "How can I help you Empress?" Her smile political, cold and ready.


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »

She looks over her shoulder and flashes a smile to the knight standing there. She moves forward toward Amal stopping a polite distance away and gives her a bow.

“First, I wanted to make sure you were okay and didn’t need anything after the attempted assassination on you. If there is anything you need, if it is within my power I would be happy to provide it.” She smiles genuinely toward Amal.
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 01:06:46 PM »

Amal returns the smile, slightly more hesitant. Still unsure who she can trust among the surface elves she seems to be withholding judgment. Her eyes skip around the perimeter looking for something or someone. Her body exuding tension. She relaxes slightly when she doesn't see anyone else.

In the light of the fire Key can see the family features that remind Key of Rabbit. Her eyes have a similar hue to Rabbit's, a similar glow when Rabbit is being aggressive or close to a frenzy. The difference is the presence behind those eyes seem controlled, calm, ice. All so very different to the fire in Rabbit. "Please come sit with me, I am fine. I am in need of nothing. Everyone has been so kind. How can I help you?"


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:19:01 PM »

Key takes the seat offered to her.

“Im so glad you are well. I also wanted to see if you’ve decided to come with us to retrieve the captives. If you can’t go I just wanted to know where we can meet you to get your people back to you.” She pauses to gather her next thought.

“I also wanted you to know that I will bring to justice the organization behind the attack on you. I gave you safe passage and they violated that safety.”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »

Amal watches Key for several moments, then gives her a small smile. "Thank you for that, but we won't be needing any assistance extracting blood for what was done to us. We came here and were protected by an ancient treaty, you bear absolutely no responsibility for what occurred here."

She looks over at two of her knights talking and when the see her watching they immediately separate and leave before they can be called out. Amal just smiles to herself.

She does give Key her full attention, "I cannot say what my mother will do though, at best for the surface elves she will demand some pretty heavy penance, or more I cannot say. I can say I am going to move my troops out of here as soon as I can, I don't want what is left to be destroyed if a fight breaks out. Although I can think of one thing she would take to salve our blood loss, and she would ensure it would slake mine as well, but I am fairly sure that isn't a price you would pay."


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 02:43:12 PM »

Key narrows her eyes a fraction the smile still on her lips.

“So you’re not going with us? I will make sure that your companions make it out safely. If it’s Rabbit you want you’re right. That’s a price I can’t pay. Do you have something else that would do as well?”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »

Amal shrugs noncommittally, "I have not decided if I am going with you or not. I did lose several warriors, but they weren't the only ones and I am not sure if taking the risk with myself is worth bringing them all back out." She nods to Key, "Although I would pay a reward if you did bring them out."

"What are your plans now? You are waiting for the Shadar-Kai to return, and hope that he can get you to where you need to go. What will you do once you get there? I suspect you will be too late for your sister, and for my warriors, but maybe someone will survive the torture. Glorion doesn't seem like a patient master at all."


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 03:11:33 PM »

Key leans back in her chair, seemly relaxed.

“I doubt he’ll kill Alluvian, and if he did before I leave I’ll make sure that he’ll wish he had not before he dies. I suspect he has some sort of strange obsession that will keep him from doing much in that direction.” She shakes her head in disgust.

“I’ll wait the three days. He said that he could get us there and I have no reason to believe he lied. Nestrim is putting together a backup plan just in case.” She looks around the frantic camp.

“When are you planning to depart? Will you wait until I leave through the gate? Or do you have pressing matters that will force you to take your leave sooner?”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 03:43:23 PM »

Amal accepts a drink from her servant, a beautiful woman with golden collar, and golden chains that run down to her wrist. She turns and offers a drink to Key as well, ignoring Anglerond who has been still as a statue behind Key the whole time, "I don't know when I am leaving. I am ordering my people out as soon as it is safe, but I can get out of here when needed." She takes a heavy pull of the wine, "I don't trust anything Glorion would say, nor would I trust his behavior. He would have been put down by our people long before he got out of childhood, not after he attained Paladinhood and could bring forth that power."


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »

Key takes the offered drink and takes a sip, then lowere the glass to rest on her knee. She toys with the stem as she speaks.

“We tend to be more lenient with those we love. Glorian has wasted all his chances and abused our feelings. He’ll receive no quarter from us. Thank you for the warning. I will take it to heart. You can leave when ever you are ready. I’ll escort you myself if it makes you more comfortable. Besides the culprits of the attack have already fled like the cowards they are. The rest of us want peace.” She sighs, frustrated with herself.

“Im sorry if I sound abrupt, I don’t know any other way to be. You’re army is here to protect you correct?”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »

Amal looks around the camp, a smirk perched on her lips as she looks at the remaining 12 or so of her people. "I guess you can say my 'army' is here to defend me. Twelve members of my household hardly constitutes an army."

She gives Key a bleak smile, "I doubt I will be able to withstand the next attack by the surface elves. The handmaidens and balrog were what kept the attack from winning last time."


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »

Key lifts an eyebrow in puzzlement.

“So whose army are the 500 drow in the forest outside the clearing? I had assumed they were here for your safety.” She takes another sip of her drink.
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Frenetic Activity at Amal's Tent
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 06:09:28 PM »

A smile crosses Amal's face, but after second glance it isn't one of pleasure, "Key, when I talked to you before I was completely honest. I came under the rules of the treaty and only brought 21 people total. I realize people commonly think we lie, but we usually get what we want without lying, even if it isn't something surface elves see coming."

She glances out into the woods, "Those belong to a higher ranking Matron. She didn't feel like being held to those rules so she didn't come in. She wanted to see what the three houses that came in did and how they were treated. I assume she also wanted the option to attack who she wanted, when she wanted and with what she wanted. So no, those aren't mine out there. That is why I was telling you I wanted to get my people out of here as soon as possible."

She takes another drink. "Also, it isn't just your people under threat by them, any of the drow houses are under threat too. This is a perfect place to settle old scores."


Amal’aonar “Amal” Ara’bund
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up