Silk and Spices Forum

Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke's Shack in the Warrens  (Read 189 times)

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Luke's Shack in the Warrens
« on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »

The shack is dark, the sun having just arisen as Rabbit eyes open and she wakes up bleary eyed in the already warm summer morning. There is a momentary concern that crosses her face until her hand touches the thigh of the tiefling beside her and a smile lights up her face. She turns to her left and watches him for several minutes. Concentrating on his breathing, the rise and fall of his chest, the sound coming from his mouth.

After some time she sits up in bed, her hair falling down past her shoulders, the hair is far longer then it had been when they got together. The blanket falls of her shoulders, revealing her incredibly pale skin. She gently nudges Luke intently and then after a few moments she nudges him again, "Love, wake up, come back to me."

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
Re: Luke's Shack in the Warrens
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:56:30 AM »

Luke's eyes creak open. He tries to focus, and asks, "Do I need a sword for this?" as he tries to determine why he's being woken up in the middle of the night. Could be danger? Or could be an elf that doesn't sleep, it's hard to tell.

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:11:06 AM »

Rabbit smiles at Luke even more. She has a hard time controlling how much she loves him and she knows it comes out in weird stilted ways. Why he cares about her she still doesn't understand, but she pushes down that thought, breathes out and whispers in a mixture of common and drow, "No you big Lorug, I was thinking about you and I don't get much alone time lately. I thought maybe we could talk. Nestrim caught me last night and talked to me about what I had asked you. It made me realize you said yes, but you didn't say how you feel. I want to know how you feel."

Rabbit gets a little quieter after saying those words, terrified not about whether or not a child is involved, but that Luke would wake up and realize what Rabbit was and drop her. She just hoped when he did that she could handle it while she was in front of him.

RABBIT
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:39:08 PM by Dungeon Master »

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 06:42:39 AM »

"What are we talking about exactly?" Luke asks. "Is this about you wanting a child? or is there something else that you asked me that I don't remember?"

Luke's eyes open a little wider. He is glad she wants to talk, but wishes it was during daylight hours. He's not sure what the elves do all night, but was starting to wonder about it now that Rabbit and Nestrim were having talks while he slept.

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »

Rabbit cocks her head to the side, leans down and sniffs Luke and seeming to enjoy his scent, she then sits back up, "Is it too early in the morning for you? I think the sun is coming up."

All of a sudden Rabbit didn't know how to say the words and hesitates, her smile for him doesn't waver though, "All of it. I realized we have been together for over 18 months. I wasn't sure if that is normal for you." She keeps trying to push herself to the actual stuff she wants to talk about, "Have you listened much to the music box I got you?" She wasn't sure if he had noticed she sung to him and played some of the music on it, but she hadn't heard him listening and they had been so busy so he probably hadn't even looked at it. Of course she had filled it with other people's voices and playing too. She was sure he would prefer their voices.

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:22:21 AM »

Luke watches her, and says, "No. It's not normal for anyone to put up with me for this long. I am entrenched in my lack of control over myself, and that can be an issue with others."

He then smiles kindly and says, "Yes. I have listened to the music box. Usually when you are gone and running errands. It is nice in the background of my prayers. However, you didn't wake me up before dawn to ask that did you?"

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »

Rabbit slides over so she can crawl on top of Luke. Once she is comfortably on his lap she pulls the blanket up and around them, forming a mount of blankets on top of Luke, leaving just her head, and a small slice of her chest peeking out, "Are you happy? What would you like from our relationship? Nestrim pointed out that I might have overwhelmed you with the child request. I had realized after he said that, that you have never talked to me about what you want. I don't want you to think I am entrapping you, or trying to find a way to keep you with me."

A look of concern crosses her face at the idea he may think she wants to own him, or trap him.

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 05:22:56 PM »

Luke sizes up the situation, but nods and says, "I have never considered children. I don't mind the idea, but to be fair, I had never considered anyone would want to stay with a Tiefling with a self gratification problem. I am not quite as scattershot as Te'Teh, but I am older and have slowed down. I enjoy what I have with you." Luke normally isn't at a loss for words, but is clearly struggling to get his thoughts out.

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 06:38:55 PM »

Rabbit bites her lip unsure of what to say or how to take Luke's words. She takes a breath, trying to calm her anxiety to a low roar. He owes her nothing, and he has already been more than kind. She should be happy with that. Another deep breath and her heart slows down so it no longer resembles the heartbeat of her namesake, "Your not nearly as selfish as you say, you are more considering of who you dally with otherwise there would have been more of my kind in your bed. I also don't see you taking Te'Teh into bed and she clearly would do that, especially with her fighting with Jack."

Rabbit looks away for a moment, her eyes looking away as she conceals some of her emotions, "We have a great situation, we both care for each other. I shouldn't have asked for more yet. I think I panicked and was trying to go faster then you were ready for." She was sure she wasn't going to have time if they waited, but his happiness is what she wants.

Rabbit looks back into Luke's eyes, her own eyes damp, "I want everything with you. I want every experience someone on the surface can have with their love. I don't want to go too fast or to go further than where you are at. I should have talked to you first." Rabbit shoves her fear that she doesn't have enough time left for a life with Luke. She could feel it slipping away.

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 07:05:15 AM »

Luke snorts, "I got that sort of thing out of my system when I was younger. I'm not really into women that might be trying to use me, kill me, or have a near familial relationship with me. It keeps the drama down. I'm also not into drunken women I don't know, because that's never really as fun as it seems." He smirks.

"Are you worried about having kids now because of this whole abyssal pack thing? If that's the case maybe we could give it a little bit and see if we can work it out? Then see how you feel? I am pretty damn sure we are working towards a solution," Luke asks. "It's not that I don't want to have a family with you at some point, but we are kind of in the middle of this whole Veronwe thing, which seems mighty dangerous."

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »

Rabbit isn't able to look at Luke fully, a wave of emotions of love and anxiety of running out of time wash through her. She twitches her nose like a rabbit for a moment, "Pregnancy won't slow a drow down, I am not worried about my physical condition."

Rabbit's joking manner fades and she looks at Luke in the eyes, "I feel like time is slipping away, like I am running out of it right when I found what I have been looking for." She looks away for a moment, trying to put it into words.

Rabbit breathes deeply, "I didn't see Ira the first time we were on the island so it didn't seem real. This last time though I got to see her. She looks so much like you. She is beautiful and I can see her father in her. She looks at you and adores you. I want to give you that before it is too late. I am afraid that she won't exist and you won't have a daughter, if things go poorly and if my time runs out."

Rabbit makes an exasperated sigh, "Life is a bitch, I spend 400 endless years of slaughter, looking for a battle to die in, but I have to struggle to get four years of happiness. I think maybe I am just tired." She chuckles too herself at some unfinished joke. Playfully smacking his chest

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 06:07:35 AM »

Luke gives Rabbit a look, "You are a longer lived creature than I am. I don't know why you feel like you don't have time. Even us short lived creatures put things off for a few years and arrange things so they aren't happening during big battles and quests. Why do you feel like you don't have time?"

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 06:34:12 AM »

Rabbit runs her left hand through Luke's hair. Her large whirling blue eyes taking him in, "I feel the influence growing in me. It has been happening for years and is incremental, but is starting to move a little quicker. Sekhmet helps me a lot, she sometimes keeps the demon back, but it is inexorable. I am afraid of Sekhmet too, but I know rationally she isn't the same."

Rabbit looks away, shifting on top of Luke, she grips his abdomen with her legs as if she is afraid of being dragged off of him, "If a handmaiden is 'successful'." Her voice indicates that isn't something she considered successful anymore, "She will become enlightened, and she will metamorphose into a true handmaiden, demonically touched... I am pretty sure the correct term is possessed." .

RABBIT

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 06:58:55 AM »

Luke captures her hand and kisses it, "Sekhmet would never do anything without you fully informed consent. She does not want anyone that is not fully willing to commit to her. It's a big deal, because free will creates stronger bonds and we are regarded as a mutual relationship, not a master/serf relationship. I can understand your fears though."

"I have no idea what a demonically touched handmaiden is, but is that something like Shea, who is nothing more than a host body for an avatar of Lolth?" Luke asks. "I think the handmaiden process would be excellent at making for a mind that is so disassociated that it would be easy to suppress in a case like that."

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:30 AM »

Rabbit closes her eyes and concentrates on the feel of Luke's lips on her fingers. Trying to shove that feeling and memory into herself where she can keep it safe, "Yes, very similar. The priestesses undergo a similar ritual. When a sacred priestess is found she is dedicated to Lolth or one of the other Seldarine and acts as the speaker. Although why she hides she is a speaker from the rest of the drow I don't understand. Normally she would have ran the outpost if not a city, instead of serving as a junior priestess. It is a very similar process I suppose, a handmaiden will embody the essence of one of Lolth's demonic handmaidens. I was supposed to undergo the final ritual, when I left shortly before it was to occur. I suppose I was to be like Shae, but serving one of her maidens almost 80 years ago."

Rabbit's eyes flutter open and she stares into Luke's eternally black eyes trying to lose herself in them, "You know Sekhmet follows you everywhere right? I see it anytime we are in the city. I want to follow her, but I don't know how. I don't have anything to offer but killing things. I am not an orator to proclaim the injustices, I am not a healer to fix the wounds, I am not a counselor to fix someone's soul. I am not a planner to bring plants to fruition to save your flocks. All I know how to do is kill.".

RABBIT
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up