SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Update  (Read 88 times)

Wolsey

• View Profile
Update
« on: January 29, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »

Good morning,

I thought I'd update you on what I've been up to, and ask about what you've been up to.

1. We were given the location of an Umberlee ship that contained an Tsovinar artifact for our cleric that follows her. We set out immediately to get there before the other scavengers. It was being guarded by Dawnbreaker, a blue dragon, because he couldn't get inside to get at the treasure. There was an Eidolon in there, and it was scaring him. When asked, he said he "did not deal with dead things". We struck a deal, gave him the gold, and took the artifact. I dickered him down to keeping 20% because we did all the work, and he was just extorting us for the rest.

2. We also started our raid to follow Glorion into the Underdark. We had to find where he took Veronwe, the avatar of Corellon. He's a pretty cool guy, and used to be Glorion's hero. Now he and many others have been carted into the Underdark as slaves. Lolth's avatar, Shea, was there, and we did enough damage to cause her to flee. We almost killed that vessel. She is actively courting Rabbit, my girlfriend, who wants nothing to do with Lolth. We ended up getting the ledger and finding out where everyone was taken.

I followed up on the poison. It can be made. Nasty bit of work, but my requirements for watching and ensuring no more but what we paid for was made is a sticking point in the negotiations. It's a process.

What have you been up to since our last communication? How have things been going?

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »

Good evening,

I very much appreciate you talking with me more. I realize this is probably awkward. I am glad you survived all of that, both of those situations could have gone awry. Especially since both of them dealt with other gods. You should consider avoiding the gods, they are finicky and not very trustable.

A blue dragon... and he told you his name was Dawnbreaker? Don't you have another dragon who is an ally? Is this something you can follow up on?

As for Veronwe, I have heard his name. We have never met but Glorion must have something powerful to keep him tied up. Are Veronwe's guardians with him? I would have assumed if they had been there is no way Glorion would have been able to take him.

Shae is the name she is using? Don't let Shae talk with Rabbit alone. The spider goddess is... tricky to handle. This is the third different avatar I have heard approaching mortals. I think things are moving and I need to look into this more.

You said you have one of their slave logs? Do you still have it? I might be able to help. The drow utilize a connection between their slave logs, some of their logs act as master records and as slaves change hands the book is automatically and remotely updated when another book changes its entry. The dwarves have something similar for their books but this is something we can work with. If it is an actual slave log, I might be able to help you upgrade it to a master log. You would know all the slaves in their empire and their last known entered location.

It might help you find Veronwe.

-Sid

Sidonai,
Chief Librarian and Architect

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »

Hello,

I haven't been able to avoid the gods because they are apparently strewn across my groups path in life. I can't sneeze without running into an avatar or godly imbued island. The jury is still out if this is actually helpful.

I offered to buy Dawnbreaker a drink if he comes to Kokand. He doesn't have a good poker face, so I am sure he slips into human form and muddles about. We'll see if that works. My friend Nightscale was a black dragon before she had a change in temperament. Now she's mostly copper with a bit of gold. I had no idea dragons could change color. We'll see if Dawnbreaker comes by.

Veronwe's guardians were with him, but I found one of the fairies wings and retrieved them in case I can fix them when I find them. I suspect Glorion is using Moari's collars. We have a few of those laying around from freeing people. They are pretty hard to deal with when you are locked into one. They size to fit and are very powerful.

Shae has talked to Rabbit before, but Sekhmet sings to Rabbit to drown it out. Sekhmet favors Rabbit and would take her if Rabbit wanted. Rabbit is unsure, and after her experiences as a maiden I can't blame her. My goddess is only about those that willingly are interested, and would not ever push it. Shae? She's pushy. We didn't really let her talk to us at all, but just attacked when we hit the Drow outpost, so I'm not sure she's much for talking. I'm not really a fan, myself.

It is a slave log. I real one. If you can tell me how to upgrade it to a master records log, I would be grateful.

Tell me about what you have been doing. You didn't way last time. I want to know about your life, as well.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »

Luke,

I apologize, I had assumed that was a rhetorical set of questions. To be honest no one really asks about me personally except maybe your sister Elaine, and she doesn't know how to relate to people so it comes out a little weird.

I am doing well, a few years ago I had some serious problems, your mom suffered because of it. However things have been coming back together. The competition with others in my domain is pretty fierce, and I am not someone who tends to move forward with violence, I don't think it has a long term benefit, so it caused me to lose some ground then.

Personally I am looking at making a trip to your plane at some point soon. Things are getting easier to go there, but things are becoming exponentially more dangerous. I think a lot of non-natives of your plane are starting to move. However, it would be a chance to secure some things I need and to see some of my children. I would like to come see you if that is acceptable to you. I completely understand if it is too soon though, I wasn't there for your mother or you like I would have liked.

Although I think I might have something to help your mother, it isn't ready yet but situations are changing and I might be able to bring her back to me if they go far enough.

As for my personal life, I am not currently seeing anyone romantically. I do have arrangements with several people, and to be honest I have a hard time saying no, but nothing serious at least.

I will see if I can get you the incantation and sigil needed to connect with the master logs in the drow slave lists. It might take a little while, but I still have a little influence down there, and there are a couple of favors I can call in.

Oh and a side note, I think Mori's collars come from a different deity, I can't see Mori designing those. I will look into that as well.

How serious are you with Rabbit? Will there be grandchildren? Is there a ring? I realize it may seem bizarre but I like those kind of details. Also, are you in the same situation with Glorion's brother?

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »

Father,

I really do want to know about your life. It helps me to know who you are.

I suspect whatever is happening, is related to our series of quests, as it's making it easier to bring all the non-plane influences in. I should warn you we are actively trying to shut that down, so timing for a visit might need to be careful.

I would like to see you. Book communications are nice, but first I'd like to know my father, and second it would help me put to rest the skeptical part of my mind.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about my mother. On one hand, she loved me very much and was a very good mother, but I also know she hurt a lot of people and did favor bloody violence as a solution. I've come to understand why she was hunted down, but it still doesn't help how I feel about her execution because I saw a side of her many didn't. I still have nightmares about it, reliving when I watched.

Perhaps I got my romantic proclivities from you. I have a hard time saying no as well. My current relationships are with people that are okay with that. I was forthright in my inability to be faithful, and it seems to be working. I hope you find someone that will give you the same latitude. Unless things are different down there?

I would be grateful if you could get me the incantation and sigil. I don't like the shift of power balances that come with Glorion taking Veronwe down to the Underdark. Plus, he's a nice man in his own stuffy elven way.

It never occurred to me that Mori was using a different artifact. I will have to have it checked on my end. I never bothered.

Rabbit and I are currently negotiation if we want children and when. Nesterim, Glorion's brother, and I just became more than a side thing. We had just formalized we are seeing each other. He is glad to be out of succession for the throne, and prefers life in Kokand because he has more freedom. We are still deciding what that relationship will mean for us.

When I was on the Island of the God's, Sekhmet sent a future daughter of Rabbit and mine's to come "not" give us future information. I'm not sure what that's worth, but I'm hoping it means we all live through this weird situation my group has found ourselves in.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

Luke,

I am grateful that you tell me about your life as well. I haven't ever had a real family, but this seems like how it should be. If there is anything you need to help with the skepticism please let me know.

Don't have any mixed feelings for your mother. She loved you incredibly and deeply. She wouldn't ever blink for you, doing anything you asked her. I do agree her methods were more extreme then what even I would go with, however you seem to surround with people and that tendency. Your mother was no different then Rabbit, I think nowadays I would have approached her differently, found a way to curb the violence.

I will have the sigil and incantation for you before the end of the week. I will also try and arrange to talk to you. If a visit can't be done (however I am still trying to go with that first) I will strive to access your stones or some similar device.

Have you given either of your lovers a token of your love? Any rings out there Is would be aware of?

I will talk to you soon my son,

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »

Hello,

I don't ever doubt my mother loved me. That was never my concern. She was a good mother.

I am using a borrowed stone from the elven family during out attempts to sort these things out. Those are mighty expensive artifacts, and I don't know anyone that knows how to tap into a network, but I've heard it's possible.

I have not given either of them a token. I am a bit cowardly in romance, and having not just one person, but two that will put up with me is a bit startling. I am trying to figure out how to balance them without offending the other. It's a work in progress.

I have had family, and they tend to talk to each other even when they don't want anything from each other. That is my understanding.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 06:25:06 AM »

Luke,

I haven't had the family experience you have, I am already learning and finding I was missing something. Thank you for at least talking with me.

Your mother was a good person too. She didn't just murder people in the warrens. She selected specific people, all rich or nobles to bring about her desire for the masses. It pleases me that you took the best parts of your mother. They would have never gone after her as hard as they did if she selected the low and common.

I know how to tap into one. If your sister came by with something like the stone would you consider using it with me occasionally. It takes more power and the book is more continuous but I would like to hear your voice, at least until I can visit you.

I am glad you are surrounded by people who love you. Do the two partners get along? Can you work it into a triangle? It would give the group more support when they all feel invested with each other.

As for tokens, I would recommend get them something small. It doesn't have to be a wedding ring, but get them a token. It goes a long way. I am experienced in helping with long term relationships and if it blows up the relationship you are better off getting that out of the way and moving on.

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 06:55:26 AM »

Hello,

It makes sense my mother went after people in power. Nobody cares if you kill the poor. They made an extreme example out of her, but got squeamish about me.

I would use a stone if my sister came by. I hardly know her. Oh, you should warn her off sleeping with Sargon. It's a whole pile of drama that could be easily avoided.

My partners are accepting of each others and work together professionally on occasion. They are in the process of regarding each other in a friendly fashion.

I will take your advice, and give them each something small. Rabbit gave me a music box from our loot haul recently, but maybe I will have something made for her. We are doing pretty well financially. Better than I have ever done. if I can buy a ring of immunity I can afford a small token.

I am just bad at romance.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »

Good afternoon my son,

I will send Elaine a message immediately. She was talking to me about you, she likes you a lot evidently. Unusual for her, she hates most people. Don't warn her too much, she might take it as a challenge then, she can be problematic when she gets her dander up.

A drow woman gave you a gift and didn't force something in return, or make it clear you belonged to her? You definitely have a wild card there. An elf noble who is serious. This is very fascinating for me. Are either seeing other people?

Definitely get them small tokens, or at least the drow since she has started it. You aren't bad at romance, you are bad at the game. Obviously the romance aspect you are good at. You have been honest and they are still both with you. Keep that path, I think you will get further with either one of them then trying to be suave. The drow especially sounds especially unable to communicate, take the lead on that and I think you have it made.

Oh, and if you want, I believe I can send you either a dagger, or an arrowhead/crossbow bolt you could use to make that poison. You would poke your boyfriend with it, get some blood on it. It will absorb his essence and then you use it on Glorion and it should kill him. It will still be dangerous to any of his bloodline (either ritually or physically) so I would then destroy that weapon after its purpose is over.

If your interested let me know, and let me know if a dagger blade, arrowhead or crossbow bolt head.

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 06:27:51 AM »

Hello,

It's not a huge deal with Elaine. It's just I have a younger protege that I've been helping, and she is really into Sargon, and Sargon is really bad at relationships. There was a lot of hurt and stupid to go around, and I feel like I'm surrounded by teenagers. I just think they can self destruct on their own without any interference.

Nesterim does see others, but I'm not sure how serious. He only recently said he wanted to be more serious with me. He's a politician, and I think he was gauging me and my relationship to Rabbit. He is interested in making her more comfortable, probably as a long elven game of making himself more comfortable. Neither like my short life span though, and are now apparently going to "fix" that. I'm not interested in becoming a litch, so there are definite limits there.  :D

I will get Rabbit a small token. She will probably quietly love it, but not say anything much. She's worried about being attached to an abyssal pact and that she might die. I'm not terribly worried because she has the cat's favor, and things tend to work out for the cat and those she favors.

Are you sure about the dagger? You've already given me so much in the way of information. I don't want you to do too much, because I don't want you to think that's the only reason I'm talking to you. I prefer to get to know you to trying to get things out of you.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 06:40:29 AM »

Morning,

I have no doubt both of your elves will come through on that plan. There are several options you can take for a longer lifespan. I could help you locate them if theirs do not pan out. I would appreciate you living longer myself.

Nestrim approached you? That is a very good sign that they are both serious about you. The fact that a drow and a wood elf haven't killed each other in your presence let alone tolerating your intimacy with the other is only capable by someone who has the luck of the cat. Congratulations my son. However, it is like the saying of riding a tiger... it might not be so easy to get off its back once things are moving.

To be honest the dagger is nothing, there are many weapons out there and if for some reason it doesn't work I have other options as well. Some of those are far more brutal an end for him, but maybe he deserves it. Would you like me to send a sample pack along with the dagger? I assume you want a dagger since you mentioned it specifically.

I also want to be incredibly clear my son. Nothing I offer or send you comes with a string, an expectation or any need for payment. I feel I am far behind my duties as a father, especially with the circumstances of your mother's death and I feel I need to do this.

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 07:17:06 AM »

Hello,

I've had relationships blow up in my face. I feel like I'm taking this to a much higher level of risk than my usual. I really like Rabbit, who is far more of a physical threat than I will ever be. I also really like Nesterim who cut his teeth on royal politics. He is a political force when he wants to be.

(Did I mention I slept with Nesterim in a game of gay chicken, but it turned out he favored men? I had also had a song composed of our exploits that was very unfavorable to him, and after we slept together a couple of times we sort of worked it? It's a good story, but I should save it for when we talk because it's funnier that way.)

It's sort of odd for me to be talking to you. When I was a child I had my mothers second-hand view of you. It was unrealistic in a lot of ways. Then I had every monk, cleric, and authority figure tell me how awful and dangerous you must be. I got more worried. Even Glorion liked to go on and on that because my father is other-planar fire and death were coming my way.

You seem more down to earth and nicer than I could have hoped for. I just wanted to make sure that you know that I did not start talking to you because you could provide me with goods and information. I want to know you, as my father.

That said, I would not say no to the dagger. I am worried about Glorion because he is a better fighter than I am. I don't know precisely who is backing him but he's managed to elude us multiple times, with us throwing everything we had at him. I feel he is a problem we, as a group, let get out of hand, and should have ended a long time ago. Now he's hurting people everywhere, and especially the people I care for specifically. If I wasn't feeling desperate I would just muddle along as I always do.

I just want to get to know you, as my father, because I would like to have family out in the world.

-Luke

Dungeon Master

• Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »

Evening,

I see you like living dangerously, someone dangerous physically and someone dangerous politically. I approve my son. I want to hear that story, I think it would make me laugh. I admit I have never heard of a good gay chicken story, but one that ends up with the two of you caring for each other is one to be sung by bards.

The dagger is already on its way, I may have a second tool that can be used although in either case you might want to give those items to your girlfriend (is that the right term for her?) to use if you think Glorion might be more skilled.

They are all right in their own ways, I don't want to mislead you about me. To some people I do form a divine image and I fill that role for them, or at the very least as someone of authority. To others who harm what is mine, I am terrible. To those that are in my way, I am wrathful. To those that betray me, I never forget and never forgive. I don't want you to think I am portraying myself different than I am.

There are rules where I was born that I must follow, there are punishments I must meet out and there are people I will protect and wreak a horrible vengeance over. In the end it is a death struggle with my peers and myself, we were created this way and unless I can find a way to unhook our dharma, it is the way it will end for us.

I also like power, I won't lie or ask forgiveness to some of those above for that desire. I also love, I care for and I cherish som people, some things, some ideas.

I also make mistakes... as I did 20+ years ago when I gave up on you being alive. I can tell you now I want family, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

-Sid

Sidonai,

Wolsey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 04:04:55 PM »

Hello,

I am grateful for the help with the dagger. I look forward to receiving it. I hope there are instructions? I am not much with artifacts.

I want to get to know you. I never had a chance before, but I am willing to learn who you are, and I have always wanted a father in my life.

You should learn a bit about Sekhmet. Her followers have never met a rule system they didn't subvert or game to their own advantage. She doesn't like rules, and often reframes things so she can play by her own. I have an entire book of essays on subverting power structures that are a part of her teachings.

I don't think you have to do whatever it takes. Let's just get to know each other. I think the most important thing to me is to get to you know.

-Luke
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up