Silk and Spices Forum

Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent - copied to archive  (Read 324 times)

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent - copied to archive
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »

Key marches into a tent with a few tables and grabs some servents and has them move tables around to suite her needs. She pulls out an old dwarven map of a stronghold they traveled into and weighs it down with a few glasses. She stops a servent and asks them to find one of the rangers and ask them for a map of the forest if they have one.

She wipes the blood from her face and sets the rag down on the table. She pulls out quill and parchment, then leans over her map and starts making notes. Her movements have a deliberate urgency about them, full of anger and rage with no outlet.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:07:59 PM by Dungeon Master »
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:08:14 AM »

Anglerond steps into the tent and looks around. Grim faced, tight with an aggressive energy he leans down and tells a servant to bring the Empress some dinner immediately.

He then walks over and sits at the table near Keyleth, he doesn't say anything he just lightly touches her hand, concern, support and love can be felt emanating from him.


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:21:35 AM »

She lets her head sag between her arms and sighs. She lefts her head and looks at him, angry tears in her eyes.

“I should have found a reason to boot his ass the moment he set foot here. Who knows how time passes where he took all those people. Mori could have them for weeks. We need to send troops by foot to the dwarven keep, but even if they left today they won’t be there at the same time as us. I didn’t bring all my maps, how are supposed to plan?” She starts to look around for someone or something that she isn’t finding and her movements are becoming more frantic.

“I need to speak with one of the Rangers.”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:39:03 AM »

Anglerond takes her hand in his and lets her talk..

"You are fine Empress. We will order the remaining House Troops to the Dwarven Stronghold immediately, that means we will only need to hold safe for 3-5 days. We will get you a bag of holding for your maps only and that will fix that problem in the future. The maps aren't going to help though, we are going to have to do what your team is very good at. Improvising. Even if you had all the data you couldn't plan for this, you would send your elite force that is good at improvising to deal with this and pray."

He takes a deep breath, "The rangers are with your parents right now, all two of them... and they were only here because your father and mother intentionally left behind two of their guard and hired the rangers to accompany them. However, I have as much if not more knowledge of this forest and what the rangers can do if you have questions."


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »

She stops her fidgeting and settles herself in Anglerond’s lap. Wrapping her arms around his neck she kisses him soundly. When she pulls back she is less troubled and there is a smile on her face.

“You are excellent at managing me. I wanted to plot the safest course through the forest and I thought it would be a good idea if someone knew the route they planned to take just in case they go missing too. Maps would help for that.” Her smile widens.

“Have you been out of the main camp since we got here? How has to fog been acting? I think we need to send Mother and Father and the rest of the nobles home now. Do we have enough guards for that? Do we have a stone so that we can contact the garrison in Arborlon and the Rangers and have them meet that party on their way back to Arborlon?” She seems to be ramping back up again, her body going tense.
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »

Anglerond wraps tightly around the woman he loves, kisses her neck and squeezes playfully, "stop stop stop sweetie. The reason they hired two rangers was to get them home if they needed it. They were prepared to leave, not fight if it came to that, fighting didn't help your aunt. The maps aren't the most beneficial anyways. Trust the rangers, that is what they do."

He hugs her tightly, a little of the emotion he has been feeling over the last two weeks covering her, "No planning right now, leave that to your parents, to the other house lords and even Amal if she returns. That is what they are experienced at. Prepare yourself to be dropped into an unknown and having to fight something you aren't sure of. That is what the job is, it is a large adventuring job and you are all really good at this."


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »

Key goes limp and quiet.

“Your right. There isn’t much we can do but wait. I’m confident that we can do what needs to be done once we get there... It’s just the getting there.” She pulls back to look into his eyes.

“Your going right?”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

Anglerond pushes Key's hair out of her eyes, "As long as you will have me, my love."


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »

She wipes the tears from her eyes and gets up, shaking off her mood. A smile quirks her lips.

“What do you mean maps won’t help us. We just need the right one. Or the right something that makes the maps.” She pulls her dwarven map maker out of her bag and sets it on the table.
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

Anglerond sighs..., "We have the maps we will need to send the troops there, they aren't something you need to look through. As far as where we are going, I thought you had to be nearby to be able to use the map. We wouldn't be able to get a map until we step through right?"


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 05:19:29 PM »

Key punches his arm lightly.

“It was a joke. Yes, you have to be in the place you want mapped to use it. Once we get to where we’re going I’ll use it first thing.” She looks at him for a moment then turns to pack the device away.

“I think Im going to owe the Raven Queen a decent size favor after all this.”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 07:04:13 PM »

Anglerond squeezes her"You do not owe the Raven Queen anything, and you can never agree that you do. Please promise me that you never say that to her or anyone from Shadowfell?"


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »

She pauses for thought long enough that it seems like she wont answer.

“Okay, but if they think I do and I deny it outright they will make formidable enemies.” She takes the plate of food from the servent Anglerond sent to retrieve it. She thanks her and sits. She eats a few bits before she talks again.

“I wonder if their plain is experiencing similar side effects to ours. Do you think this trapped god we’re fighting is just trying to break through here? It seems smart to have a back up plan. That would explain why they left their own plan for the first time in a long time.”
Logged

Dungeon Master

  • Dungeon Master
  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1036
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »

He gives her a serious look "I am serious, do not give the undead a blank 'favor' or that you owe them. If you want to pay them for their help do it immediately and with something you have at hand. Also, I am not so sure Shadowfell is in any danger, they seem like they would be on the other side instead. I could be wrong, but that would be my assumption."


ANGLEROND
Logged

Torie

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 761
    • View Profile
Re: Clearing outside Arborlon- strategy tent
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »

Key quirks a smile.

“I wont. We don’t need any more trouble than we already have.” She steps closer to him, pressing her chest against his. She winds a lock of his hair around a finger.

“I think I may turn your hair white with all the extra stress Ive added to your life.”
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up